Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Recent Readings on Social Media

I've been thinking a lot recently about social media, and how we might apply this approach more effectively in higher education and at MU's International Center

I'll have more to share in the future -- but here are two pieces I'm reading that might be of interest.

First, a recent book by Brogan and Smith, called Trust Agents: Using the Web to Build Influence, Improve Reputation and Earn Trust.   This work invites a paradigm shift for me on what we could be doing with social media to support the Center's mission.  In fact, it challenges me to re-think my approach to building and sustaining relationships in general.

Second, a brief blog post on how organizations manage social media on the Web Strategist blog.  It really sheds new light on real -- and desired -- organizational culture.